Kia ora and welcome.
The Federation of Primary Health Aotearoa New Zealand (the Federation) is the largest primary health membership organisation in Aotearoa New Zealand. We provide a cohesive voice and national leadership on key issues affecting primary health.
Healthy Aotearoa. Great Primary Health Care.
To make comprehensive primary health care the foundation of the New Zealand health system.
The purpose of the Federation is to provide national leadership on key issues affecting primary health in New Zealand. In particular the Federation aims to:
- Be the voice of primary health care for the health, well-being and benefit of all New Zealanders
- Promote primary health to be the central function and main focus of New Zealand’s health system
- Promote, protect and improve the sustainability and interests of the primary health sector
- Contribute to the development of health strategy, policy and implementations
- Foster effective partnerships and collaborations
- Pursue meaningful responses to the differences in health access and outcomes between different populations in New Zealand and to tackling these inequities
- Promote primary health as being practical, scientifically sound, socially acceptable and enabled by technology
- Embrace the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi by working in partnership, ensuring participation and, protecting the health of Maori
- Ensure a consumer focus is applied to primary health policy and provision, with the inclusion of the consumer voice and being responsive to consumer needs
- Acknowledge the specific needs and differences of our communities and the services required to support them
- Undertake such acts or matters as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of the Federation or identical or conducive to the attainment of the purpose of the Federation