Could I join?
The Federation is a membership organisation of multi-professional and multi-agency primary health bodies working together to provide national leadership on key issues affecting primary health in New Zealand.
Membership of the Federation shall be subject to approval by the Board and open to any Incorporated Society, Charity or Not-For-Profit Limited Company which:
- Is a body which supports the purposes of the Federation, is national or rohe in their perspective and which has a current interest in primary health and primary health service access needs of New Zealanders; or,
- Holds a primary health care contract, or is a professional/membership organisation whose members hold a primary health care contract, or,
- Is a relevant primary health agency with a national or multi-region focus, which, in the opinion of the Board of the Federation, supports the purposes of the Federation.
- Pays the membership subscription as set from time to time by a General Meeting of the Federation.
Why would I join?
Join the Federation and become part of the voice of national leadership on key issues affecting primary health in New Zealand. In particular, join a Federation which aims:
- To be the voice of primary health care for the health, well-being and benefit of all New Zealanders
- To promote primary health to be the central function and main focus of New Zealand’s health system
- To promote, protect and improve the sustainability and interests of the primary health sector
- To contribute to the development of health strategy, policy and implementations
- To foster effective partnerships and collaborations
- To pursue meaningful responses to the differences in health access and outcomes between different populations in New Zealand and to tackling these inequities
- To promote primary health as being practical, scientifically sound, socially acceptable and enabled by technology
- To embrace the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi by working in partnership, ensuring participation and, protecting the health of Maori
- To ensure a consumer focus is applied to primary health policy and provision, with the inclusion of the consumer voice and being responsive to consumer needs
- To acknowledge the specific needs and differences of our communities and the services required to support them
- To undertake such acts or matters as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of the Federation or identical or conducive to the attainment of the purpose of the Federation
How much does it cost?
Membership levies are as set annually by the Establishment Board/Board and for 2018/19 are:
PHOs (who do not join through an initial group application with their peak body e.g. Primary Health Alliance, GPNZ):
- PHOs with less than 100,000 ESUs: $5,000 + 3.5c per ESU
- PHOs with 100,000 or more ESUs: $7,500 + 3.5c per ESU (subject to a maximum of $25,000)
- Non-PHO with annual income less than $500,000: $5,000
- Non-PHO with annual income from $500,001 to $1,000,000: $7,500
- Non-PHO with annual income from $1,000,001 to $2,500,000: $10,000
- Non-PHO with annual income from $2,500,001 to $5,000,000: $15,000
- Non-PHO with annual income from $5,000,001 to $10,000,000: $20,000
- Non-PHO with annual income more than $10,000,000: $25,000
Please note all levies are subject to gst and apply for the financial year to 30 June 2019 only.
How do I join?
Join the Federation by completing this application form and submitting to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note all applications are subject to approval by the Establishment Board/Board.
Who are the members?
The Federation's current members are:
- Allied Health Aotearoa New Zealand
- Arthritis New Zealand
- Auckland PHO
- Central PHO
- Christchurch PHO
- College of Nurses Aotearoa New Zealand
- Comprehensive Care
- Cosine Primary Care network Trust
- Eastern Bay Primary Health Alliance
- East Health Trust (PHO)
- Family Planning New Zealand
- General Practice New Zealand
- Health Hawke’s Bay (PHO)
- Heart Foundation
- Home and Community Health Association
- Kidney Health New Zealand
- Kimi Hauora Wairau (Marlborough PHO)
- Manaia Health PHO
- Nelson Bays Primary Health
- New Zealand Association of Optometrists
- New Zealand Asthma and Respiratory Foundation
- New Zealand Breast Feeding Alliance
- New Zealand College of Midwives
- Pegasus Health
- Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand
- Pharmacy Guild of New Zealand
- Primary Health Alliance
- Rotorua Area Primary Health Services
- Rural Canterbury PHO
- St John
- Te Tai Tokerau PHO
- Te Awakairangi Health Network
- Total Healthcare PHO
- Tū Ora Compasss Health
- WellSouth Primary Health Network
- West Coast PHO
- Western Bay of Plenty PHO
- Whanganui Regional Health Network