The Establishment Board was set up following a primary health summit in February 2018 and was chaired by Dame Annette King. The Establishment Board comprised:
- Dr Harley Aish: Chair ProCare Health Ltd
- Dr Angus Chambers: Chair Christchurch PHO
- Donovan Clarke: CEO Manaia Health PHO
- Andrew Gaudin: CEO Pharmacy Guild of New Zealand
- Karen Guilliland: CEO New Zealand College of Midwives
- David Harrison: Nursing Director East Health Trust PHO
- Martin Hefford: CEO Compass Health
- Susan Iversen: Member Health Care Aotearoa
- Hugh Kininmonth: CEO Hauraki PHO
- Jennifer Pelvin: Chair Allied Health Aotearoa New Zealand
- Richard Townley: CEO Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand
- Mark Vela: CEO Total Healthcare Charitable Trust PHO
- Teresa Wall: Chair Ora Toa PHO
Signaling clear values of partnership and equity from the outset, the Establishment Board included members from Maori health providers, pharmacy, allied health, midwifery, nursing, and NGOs as well as PHOs covering some of the highest need and most rural communities from Cape Reinga to Bluff.
Uniting the sector - April 2018: (left to right) Standing - Richard Townley, Mark Vela, Susan Iversen, Andrew Gaudin, Jennifer Pelvin, Dr Harley Aish, Donovan Clarke, David Harrison, Teresa Wall, Dr Angus Chambers. Sitting – Dr Jeff Lowe, Dame Annette King, Philip Grant, Karen Guilliland. Not present: John Ayling, Martin Hefford, Hugh Kininmonth.